OK, Five month mark, on to the 6th.
This was better than the previous month, at least the last couple of weeks. The rain helps, I love it. At night, when rain lets up a bit and the full moon shines above the coconut and fern trees, I feel like I'm in the land of prehistoric dinosaurs. Not sure why; I guess the trees seem ancient...or I'm crazy. Pick one.
I had a nice dinner with Detgen tonight (Hard Rock Cafe....style, baby!). She's been out of town for 3 weeks or so traveling Asia (jealous). We talked about our futures here, there, anywhere and got to the topic of what bugs us most about Bang/India. Mine was the reinforced, perhaps encouraged, caste system. There is little room for "you can do anything"; very little room. And it seems nobody wants to change it. Not sure about anybody else, but I hate seeing kids homeless, pantless, hungry, and no future; or having our driver be treated like a low-class citizen (which is what he is, they say). He's a nice guy, but drivers don't deserve respect, I guess. Ugh. Hate it.
We've been concentrated a bit more on consulting, which is more interesting to me. I hope we continue it, I'd like to pick Christopher's brain (my colleague, not brother... I know his twisted, warped, evil, tree-huggin' hippie brain).
We have three major events in the works; a consulting seminar, open enrollment, and Bangaluru Speaks public facilitation that is this friday. I hope it goes well, a lot of people seem to be interested. It will bring people together to talk about the city, which has been hastily transformed with urbanization. A lot has changed in the past 3 years...I'm told.
Power has been in "load shedding" status for about a week. Hopefully I can finish this before the power goes out again.....Yup..
laters.
2 comments:
Yeah, you don't want to pick my brain. The USDA has added it to the list of items, along with tomatos and red peppers, that might carry salmonella.
plus it sounds like he wanted to talk about something other than Star Wars
Post a Comment