Yesterday our electricity was cut. Apparently we were supposed to pay the former tenant’s bill. So, being it was flippin’ hot night with no ceiling fan, I headed to Detgen’s. Beth was the trooper and lathered up in mosquito repellant and stayed. More power to her, I was in the flat for 20 minutes and was bit about a dozen times.
So today I went and paid the bill, and will deduct the “’arrears” from rent. Power is back, but still no hot water. I’m kinda getting used to it, though. Especially since it’s HOT and sticky. Nothing like Kansas in August, but no AC makes it tough. It should get up to 100 by Sunday. Mid May it’ll rain…for months.
Detgen leaves for the States tomorrow for about 3 weeks to renew her visa. She’ll be missed L
Ok, not many pictures I have taken. I know. I need to get on that. It’s tough getting around the city with no self transportation. Beth bought a bicycle…screw that!! Too dangerous, are you kidding me?
I have an Internet signal now; but no connection to a server. Hopefully tomorrow (yeah right). Work is good, a bit crazy. Being a start-up it has its growing pains. But, we have a busy couple of months coming up. It should rake in the dough and cover the rest of the year’s expenses, and then after that it’s all profit. We’re adding two people soon. One will replace Rachel who’s leaving in August. The plan laid out yesterday has ambitions of placing offices in other countries (I’m shooting for Tahiti…lots of conflict there).
No comments:
Post a Comment