As expected being white (really white, with freckles) in a largely Indian population brings attention. Sometimes, this is beneficial: auto drivers seek you out, labor calls me 'sir' (as everybody should), and other little perks. But today I decided to stick out a bit more; I bought a Liverpool Football Club jersey/shirt. Now, some of you won't care about this and I don't blame you. Others (Keith) will be outraged. But he's in Denver, and can't give me too much gripe. But Liverpool is not Manchester U. Those shirts are all over the place; red and bright. Liverpool is dark a green/black (perfect for the hot weather...NOT). So I bought it just to be different and bother Keith. And it was a lot cheaper than Man U.
Other news: I slept in today. It was good.
KU plays tomorrow morning, I hope to watch most of it before work. If they lose I'll change my name to Krishna.
1 comment:
As far as I am concerned you are already Krishna. Liverpool scum!
I suppose it is still a soccer jersey so it is ok. If KU lose today though it is your fault for wearing a Liverpool jersey and jinxing the team.
We miss ya. Wish you could come over and watch the game. We even have beer.
We went to the Galaxy/Rapids game last night. Rhys' first game. It was fun. He liked it a lot. He of course was wearing a Man U top like all civilized people do. Next week we do a Nuggets game. Getting our fill of sports.
What is the time difference there? We will get this Skype thing so we can see you sometime!
Talk soon!
Post a Comment