Monday, August 25, 2008

Response to "anonymous"

"Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Back in India":

Wow. If Indian companies are that bad, why is their economy booming while the US is in a recession? Why do 4 of the world's 10 richest people belong to that developing country? I wish I had bought stock in an Indian company, at least I wouldn't be weeping on Wall Street.

Just because you were privileged to be born in a great developed country doesn't mean you should look down upon other cultures that have faced oppression for hundreds of years.

Tolerance and Understanding, bro :)
Maybe you're in the wrong career."

Aside from not posting your name, this is an uneducated response at best. But I'll address it anyway.
The Indian economy is NOT booming. It has a %12+ inflation (and inflation is no gauge for "booming", or else Zimbabwe would be top dog), foreign companies are making most of the money, and the "base" unemployment is one of the highest in the world. The richest men you say India has...a product of monopoly and caste system. It doesn't make the country rich. The receding dollar is still worth 42+ Rupees. The Rupee is getting weaker; 6 months ago it was at 40.
Too bad India companies (behind closed doors) shun private investment or you could buy stock. But they don't like to, because they do not trust their people. Why? Because the people aren't educated, and the education system is almost as corrupt as the government. Furthermore, most of the 1+billion people can't afford to buy stock anyway, or feel no sense of connection with these companies. Booming, huh?
But go ahead and buy stock in those companies; it's still very cheap.

You mentioned oppression and a booming economy. Think about it for one second. Only a handful are making money.
Yes, I am looking down on the country. Everybody who uses the term "developing" is looking down upon it. Otherwise, why would it change? Why would it "develop"? It's heartbreaking to see people being limited, held back, and manipulated by the few. Yet these few top your rich list.

Tolerance and Understanding won't cover the problems of this "developing" country. My career is working to help the "development" occur while protecting and empowering the people. Perhaps you need to make an attempt to understand my career. I'm making an attempt to understand this country and the MULTIPLE cultures within. Do I sound angry? You bet your ass.

In any case, this is my blog, with my thoughts, and my experiences, through my eyes. I assume you know me; how else would you know where I was born? Unless you generalized.

Next time leave your name and contact, and we can talk about this. I'm open to. I open to the possibility that I can learn from you. Is this mutual?
It seems there is some intolerance and misunderstanding on your part as well.

No comments: