We were sitting on our balcony when a man started to climb the coconut tree in the front. Hard to climb these trees as the branches are about 30 feet from the ground. But he shimmied on up. I have pictures, but don't have the transfer cables right now...they're at work. Anyway, he cut the old ones off and let them drop. The green ones were cut in bunches and lowered with a rope to another dude on the ground who would strip the "bark" off of them. Kinda neat...kinda scary since the guy didn't have a harness, boots or even shoes with which to climb.
crazy....
2 comments:
It's kind of like the hotel/resort employees on the beaches in Mexico and the Virgin Islands, except I never saw the guys actually climb a tree---they just used long poles with hooked blades and cut the coconuts down so they wouldn't drop randomly and crush tourists. Eh, wimps.
What's up Jason?! I bet the coconuts taste a tad bit better if you had to climb barefooted 30ft to get one! Anyway, I’m sitting here on the grave yard shift at G and G and looking at the scholarly journal, Beer Advocate and wondering how India is treating you…or how you’re treating it. It seems like you’re enjoying yourself. Also, I chose KU to go all the way (even to beat Memphis) since DU didn’t quite make the tourney this year. I thought you’d like that. Take care, buddy.
Will
Grapes and Grains Sales Representative
Will.w.burk@gmail.com
Post a Comment