Since the last post a lot has happened, some good, some not so good. To explain the delay between posts, my hard drive(s) have crashed and I thought about getting another laptop. Instead I bought another HDD (hard disk drive) for about $80. It works!! Although I lost a lot of data (pictures of Europe, songs, manifesto to take over the world, yada yada yada...).
Aside from that, we've had computer problems at work. Wireless networking is a pain, and I'm the I.T. man. More's the pity.
I've been getting used to the horn honking, loud birds, evil chipmunks, and cows in the street. Still not totally in sync with the whole thing, though. Not sure how long that might take.
Tonight we have a Bengaluru Speaks event. A public dialogue about violence in urban India. Recently, some christian churches have been attacked by Hindus for grievances they see as forced conversion of the poor. The BJP, state gov., is suspected by some of persuading the attacks. Along with the terrorist bombings around the country, violence is on the front page every other day. Tonight's event should be....interesting. And it's on TV!! A bit of a no-no for open dialogue, but great exposure.
I miss football. The shaking has only increased and I have a hard time shaving.
No comments:
Post a Comment