Saturday, February 23, 2008

1st Day in Bang

The party was great! Small, humble and relatively short. I met most of the office workers (3 from USA, 2 from France, 3 Indian, 1 German) and Detgen came along, thankfully. She met new friends and gave them directions to her place (and to me). Ashok, my boss, is very down to earth and we got along great. I had some wine and beer (Kingfisher...could have been worse). We ate some Indian food, but nothing spectacularly Indian.

today Detgen and I went grocery shopping on Brigade Street. Zoo. Just a different way of doing things here. Traffic is crazy! Left side of the street, no lanes, no single file; reminds me of those old films you see of early cars in New York where they're just all over the place. Crazy, but I'm not so sure it is inefficient.
Bought some groceries and fresh donuts. They have some of the goodies that US has; Cocoa Pebbles, Pringles, bitters, and Dr. Pepper (only at this one spot!). Other stuff as well.
Detgen is working right now so I won't bug her. We've been invited to an all night, Woodstock-esque party in S. Bangalore, but we don't think we'll make it. Perhaps we'll go see a movie.

tata
j

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, good! They have Dr Pepper there! I officially have no excuse for not visiting. =)

-Brian