


Well, the brunch was great! All the food and drinks you stuff down in 6 hours for about $50. A nice weekly thing I can foresee. Pictures of the place (Olive Beach, I think) are attached. The floor is actually made up of tiny, polished stones. Nice weather. I met some people (Phil from Wales, Liz, Mike, Lilly, Sarah from the US) Detgen knew. Phil and Lilly are beer fanatics, my heart jumps. We were serenaded by a local "band" (in one of the pictures). Then we ate, drank, and went back to Detgen's house to play Nintendo Wii. It started to get late so we decided to turn in, but we forgot that since we're in the tropics it gets dark earlier, like at 6:30. So we stayed up longer.
Detgen's driver couldn't take me to work, so I took an auto rickshaw solo for the first time. I haven't decided if these drivers are really good, or really bad. Traffic is crazy (again), but amazing. Dirty, too.
Work: office is small, seems a bit shabby, but the people are nice, relaxed, and it looks like a good gig. I think I'm gonna room with one of them, Beth from DC. She arrived in January and is a PG (paying guest) at this old couple's house close to the office. She's tired of it, so she's moving. The office is in a nice location. Nice is relative; fewer stray dogs, more grass, taller buildings, newer apartments. It's right across from the big ITC Park (Information Technology mecca).
Office has a kitchen and a cook who made curry today. My first time in India having curry. So far....so good. No Dehli-belly yet...
No comments:
Post a Comment