Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beer and Cheese

Worlds are colliding! Well, hopefully not. The Bangalore Beer Baron, Nikhil, is one of those worlds. His importing of Belgian beer supplies me with the good stuff. I met him through BeerAdvocate. And then I met Daniel, the Frenchman. He is THE importer of French cheeses into Bangalore (he has a walk-in cooler at his house full of cheese!). So, methinks, why not get these two together? Belgian beer goes well with certain cheeses. Some American craft beers do as well. I floated the idea to Nikhil, but not Daniel--as he speaks only French and I speak only English and bad Spanish and Italian. But my colleague is French, so I'll have to recruit him. Hopefully we can get a beer/cheese pairing party sometime in the next month....Jesus' birthday maybe?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be perfect, cuz the three wise men brought the baby Jesus some gold, beer, and cheese.

jason said...

*cue inspirational music*
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah Halle-a-lu-jah...

Oh, crap, wait...no gold. Never mind.

mamajones said...

Hey buddy! Wow-just got caught up on the blog and man did I miss out on calling you an Obama supporter! Crazy stuff man!

We miss you. I am sure that it is exciting just thinking about beer and cheese mostly because it involves beer!!! Can't wait to see you. We miss you.

I would like to state that I had the complete opposite experience with the election. By the time it actually happened I was so over it and so over all the coverage!

Opps Rhys just fell down and almost knocked himself out---so yeah don't feel isolated, feel lucky! It would have made you gag!

Love ya